This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you use this site. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We never sell email addresses we collect.
In this document, the terms ‘our’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to the owner of this website which is Brian Shim Web Development, LLC. The terms ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to the user or viewer of this website, www.swingdance.la.
We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, user name, and email addresses for users leaving comments on our sites. We reserve the right to email you to answer or comment on the comment that you left on our site, if you choose that option. Your email address will not be placed on a mailing list or be sold to a third party.
For more information, See How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
Ads appearing on this website may be delivered by advertising partners, who may set cookies. These cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile information about you or others who use your computer. This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement, which provides a guarantee to comply with European privacy legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
- Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our online offer by users to compile reports on the activities within this online offer and to provide us with further services related to the use of this online offer and the internet usage. In this case, pseudonymous usage profiles of the users can be created from the processed data.
- We only use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymization. This means that the IP address of the users will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
- The IP address submitted by the user’s browser will not be merged with other data provided by Google. Users can prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser software accordingly; Users may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to their use of the online offer as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- For more information about Google’s data usage, settings and opt-out options, please visit Google’s websites: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners (“Google’s use of your data when you use websites or apps of our partners”), https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads (“Advertising use of data”), https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated (“Managing information Google uses to show you ads”).
- Incidentally, the personal data will be anonymized or deleted after a lapse of 26 months.
The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on does not prevent information from being sent to the website itself or in other ways to web analytics services.
If you choose to enroll in our mailing list, we will collect your email address and first name (if you provide it) for the purpose of sending you an informational email newsletter from time-to-time. We will not sell your email address to any third party other than the email list provider.
Social Media Widgets
Our Websites include social media features, like the Facebook Like and Google+ button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If Brian Shim Web Development, LLC, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Brian Shim Web Development, LLC goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Brian Shim Web Development, LLC may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
You can contact me using the contact form at www.brianshim.com.